What I Believe as a Catholic: Part Seven

+
J.M.J.



The Nicene Creed
I believe in one God,
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.

I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ,
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father;
through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven,
and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary,
and became man.
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate,
he suffered death and was buried,
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead
and his kingdom will have no end.

I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified,
who has spoken through the prophets.

I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church.
I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins
and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead
and the life of the world to come. Amen.
usccb.org

I'm going to take this line by line because it's just that important.

"born of the Father before all ages."

Jesus is called the Son because He is God's Son. Theologically, Jesus became God's Son in the divine sense before all else. Before anything in this world came into existence, Jesus was God's Son. It wasn't until later that He became God's Son in the human sense through Mary giving birth to Him. So that means that Jesus has been God's Son for a very long time. He was first. It follows that just as Jesus was first, He must be first in our lives. Is Jesus first in your life? How can you tell whether or not He is? Who is your best friend? I can tell you, I have a human best friend, but my very best Friend is Jesus. I tell Him about everything that's baffling me. I thank Him for the good things that come my way. I adore Him on a weekly basis, pouring out my heart to Him and inviting Him into my heart where He can infuse the deepest love throughout my entire being. 

God bless you!
Stephanie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lyrics Dissection: Scared To Be Lonely by Martin Garrix and Dua Lipa

I Got a Hair Trim

What My 30th Year of Life Has Been Like