Movie Review: October Baby


After I took part in a walk for life yesterday afternoon, I watched October Baby. I was deeply impressed, deeply moved, and incredibly inspired.


This movie is rated PG-13 not for any explicit or graphic content, but for the serious topics discussed. Hannah finds out that her epilepsy, asthma, and emotional trauma are all connected: she survived a failed abortion attempt.

She tries to find her mother, and succeeds, only to find out that her mother still doesn't want her. She also discovers that she had a twin brother, Johnathan, who didn't survive very long.

Hurt and confused, Hannah journeys through all kinds of situations and drama along with a guy who sticks with her through thick and thin. He is loyal to her emotions, comforting her when she cries and rejoicing in her triumphs.

As I mentioned in my last post, this movie stirred up in me questions of why I am here. Because life is beautiful, never forget that you are here for a specific purpose. Because God forgives you, you can forgive others.

This is Hannah's adopted father, who wanted her.

Here are her adopted parents together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lyrics Dissection: Scared To Be Lonely by Martin Garrix and Dua Lipa

I Got a Hair Trim

What My 30th Year of Life Has Been Like