Coping With the Death of a Loved One


If you miss someone who has passed away, you could write a letter to the bereaved. You can share something that you appreciated about the deceased. If you put a bit of sympathy in it, it can serve as a soothing balm to your soul. You can talk to others about your loss to make you feel better. You're not the only one thinking about the person who passed away.

Something that helped me when I lost my Grandma who was very close to me was to write a letter to her after she died. This helped me feel connected with her and imagine her in Heaven where she could read my words. Though this exercise made me cry, it was a cleansing activity. I wrote until I could write no more. Don't worry if you miss the person for a long time. This just means that he or she meant a lot to you and that you loved the person now gone.

Source for first paragraph: Girls' Life Magazine December/January 2013 Issue.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lyrics Dissection: Scared To Be Lonely by Martin Garrix and Dua Lipa

I Got a Hair Trim

What My 30th Year of Life Has Been Like